Kelvinside & Cleveden
Download the FREE App
 Glasgow Botanic Gardens

Glasgow Botanic Gardens

Opened on the current site in 1842, Glasgow Botanic Gardens offer tranquility amid the buzz of the West End.

Originally, the Gardens were owned by the Royal Botanical Institution of Glasgow which provided the University of Glasgow with plants for use in its classes on botany and medicine. The Gardens were taken over by the City of Glasgow in 1891.

The glasshouses on site hold a range of tropical plants, including cacti and the national collection of tree ferns.

730 Great Western Road
Glasgow
G12 0UE
Map